[firebird-support] Trusted authentication for Firebird 2.5 where domain controller and db server are not the same
4j4bogta5o632ee44vvxxvlxfxt6jxbx7ch2x4cc@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
2016-11-08 09:39:25 UTC
Hi to everybody I'm new in this group. I'm searching help for Firebird trusted authentication.

I've this situation on the same network:
- a Win2008 machine server working as domain controller
- a Win2016 machine server working as database server with firebird installed (2.5)
- a Windows 10 client PC logged on as a domain user of then Win2008 server domain

I would like to connect to a Firebird db from the Win10 client on the Win2016 server using the trusted authentication of the Win2008 server. Is this possible with FB2.5? If yes how could I do this? I couldn't find samples or documentation about it.

Thanks in advance
Dimitry Sibiryakov sd@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
2016-11-08 19:08:55 UTC
Post by ***@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
Is this possible with FB2.5? If yes how could I do this?
All three computers must be in one domain and user must be logged into this domain on
the client computer.
--
WBR, SD.

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu. Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.

Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
firebird-support-***@yahoogroups.com

2016-11-10 09:03:28 UTC
Dimitry thanks for the answer.

What I could test if it doesn't work? The three computers are on the same domain. The Server 2016 is registered as a member of the domain on server 2008 (I regularly manage it in RDP using a domain user to log in).

I'm trying to connect with IBExpert with trusted authentication but I get always the same message: "Unsuccesfull execution caused by a system error that precludes successful execution of subsequent statements. Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login."

If I try with isql I get:
"Statement failed, SQLSTATE = 28000
Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to set up a Firebird login.
Use CONNECT or CREATE DATABASE to specify a database"

If I connect with the standard SYSDBA user name alla works fine.

I could not understand what I'm missing...
4j4bogta5o632ee44vvxxvlxfxt6jxbx7ch2x4cc@yahoo.com [firebird-support]
2016-11-10 09:19:45 UTC
I found the issue: the "Authentication = mixed" parameter in the firebird.conf file on server 2016 was not set properly. Now I correct it and it works!

Thanks