[firebird-support] Unable to upgrade database to firebird 3.0
'Joje' joje@codework-solutions.com [firebird-support]
2016-10-26 13:33:04 UTC
Hello All,

Recently I upgraded my Firebird from 2.5 to 3.0 and I am using 'EMS
SQL Manager Interbase/Firebird' to connect and work with database. Now
whenever I connect existing database or register a new database I get
following error

Unsuccessful execution caused by system error that does not preclude
successful execution of subsequent statements.

Error loading plugin Engine12.

Module C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0\plugins/Engine12 exists but
cannot be loaded.

SQL Code: -901

IB Error Number: 335545004

I visited EMS website and found there latest version supports
upto Firebird 2.5 . Could someone suggest another method to connect to
database.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Joje T. George
Dimitry Sibiryakov sd@ibphoenix.com [firebird-support]
2016-10-26 13:38:40 UTC
Could someone suggest another method to connect to database.
Use TCP/IP connection string or exact XNET prefix.
--
WBR, SD.

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Visit http://www.firebirdsql.org and click the Documentation item
on the main (top) menu. Try FAQ and other links from the left-side menu there.

Also search the knowledgebases at http://www.ibphoenix.com/resources/documents/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
firebird-support-***@yahoogroups.com

'Gregor Kobler' gk@gksoft.ch [firebird-support]
2016-10-26 13:45:35 UTC
Hello Joje

I hade the same problem

You have to choose the client library from a other directory than <
c:\program files\firebird\firebird_3_0 >

May you choose <C:\Windows\SysWOW64\FBCLIENT.DLL >

You have to set this in the Host Registration Info under the register
connection / client library!

Best Regards

Gregor

Joje T. George
'Gregor Kobler' gk@gksoft.ch [firebird-support]
2016-10-26 13:46:18 UTC
I forgot.. may you have also to update to version 3.0.1!

Joje T. George
'Joje' joje@codework-solutions.com [firebird-support]
2016-10-26 18:37:27 UTC
Thanks it worked now I am able to connect to database. And I have upgraded to FB 3.0.1 !!

Another thing did anyone faced ODS version issue. Like I got this issue of database ODS ver. 11.5 is lower than

Current ODS ver 12.0. If so then how could we solve this problem ?

Thank you.

Joje T. George
'Mark Rotteveel' mark@lawinegevaar.nl [firebird-support]
2016-10-26 19:10:27 UTC
Firebird 3 does not support old ODS versions. You will need to backup with Firebird 2.5 and then restore under Firebird 3.
Mark

Thanks it worked now I am able to connect to database. And I have upgraded to FB 3.0.1 !!

Another thing  did anyone faced ODS version issue. Like I got this issue of database ODS ver. 11.5 is lower than Current ODS ver 12.0. If so then how could we solve this problem ? Thank you. From: firebird-***@yahoogroups.com [mailto:firebird-***@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: 26 October 2016 19:16
Helen Borrie helebor@iinet.net.au [firebird-support]
2016-10-26 19:22:01 UTC
Post by 'Joje' ***@codework-solutions.com [firebird-support]
Recently I upgraded my Firebird from 2.5 to 3.0
Unsuccessful execution caused by system error that does not
preclude successful execution of subsequent statements.
Error loading plugin Engine12.
Module C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_3_0\plugins/Engine12 exists but cannot be loaded.
SQL Code: -901
IB Error Number: 335545004
Could someone suggest another method to connect to database.
For your existing databases, you MUST upgrade the ODS before
trying to connect Fb 3 to it. That means taking a gbak backup under
Fb 2.5 and restoring it using Fb 3.0 gbak.

Once that is done, you MIGHT be able to connect to the Superserver
using the new protocol for XNET ("Windows local"):

xnet://d:\databases\mydatabase.fdb

Or go straight to a localhost connection:

localhost:d:\databases\mydatabase.fdb

I say "MIGHT" because you seem to have more than one compatibility
problem here.

*** Study Chapter 12 of the release notes carefully. ***

Fb 3 is not a point release to update Fb 2.5. It is a whole new major
version. The connection protocols are not the same as previous
versions and you cannot use your old security2.fdb for authentication.

To use your EMS client, you will probably need to copy the correct
fbclient.dll into the same directory as the EMS executable. Make sure
that the "bitness" of fbclient.dll matches that of the EMS
application. For example, if you installed Fb 3 64-bit and the EMS
app is 32-bit then the fbclient.dll in the Fb3 root will not work.
You would need to download the Fb 3 32-bit zip kit and extract the
32-bit client into your EMS folder.

Helen