Failed to establish a connection. unknown Win32 error 10060.
mlcvista@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 09:33:11 UTC
Hello !

I've got a computer that has migrated on Windows10...
It is server for a database (Firebird1.03)...
Port 3050 is open ...
The network card is a RealTeck PCIe GBE one...
Kaspersky internet security 2015 working....

In local mode all is ok on this computer I can connect to my database... : all is ok

But, now I've got an error when I try to connect to database from an other computer...:
'Failed to establish a connection. unknown Win32 error 10060.'

Does anyone has an idea how to solve the problem...

Big Thank you in advance for any help !

Best Rregards,
Michel
'Neil Pickles' neil.pickles@csy.co.uk [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 10:28:08 UTC
Definitely sounds like a firewall issue to me. Is the port open in Windows firewall. What about turning off the Windows firewall and the firewall in Kaspersky, then testing again.

Cheers,

Neil Pickles - ***@csy.co.uk

Michel
mlcvista@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 10:45:27 UTC
Hello Neil,

Both Windows and Kaspersky firewall have been closed... Same error....

Thank you.
Michel
'Neil Pickles' neil.pickles@csy.co.uk [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 10:54:00 UTC
What type of network is it connected as in Network & Sharing Centre, it isn’t showing up as Public or Unknown is it?

Cheers,

Neil Pickles - ***@csy.co.uk

Michel
'Neil Pickles' neil.pickles@csy.co.uk [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 11:17:06 UTC
Are you using name or ip address to identify the server?

Cheers,

Neil Pickles - ***@csy.co.uk

Michel
mlcvista@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 13:07:29 UTC
Hello Neil,

I use Name...

Information : I've build a VMWARE WINDOWS 10 ENTREPRISE with same FRIEBIRD and database : All is OK I can acces to it both by local and remote path...(from an othe windows10 PC).

I've tested with The IP adresse : Wonderfull it works !!!

-> WinXP to connect on Windows10 Firebird database with Name : error (must be due the long time needed to convert name to ip on XP)
->Winxp to connect on Windows10 Firebird database with IP : RUN VERY WELL AND FASTER !!!

You are a Master Neil !
Big thank you for your Help !

With Best Regards,
Michel
Stefan Heymann lists@stefanheymann.de [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 13:40:03 UTC
Post by ***@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]
In local mode all is ok on this computer I can connect to my database... : all is ok
'Failed to establish a connection. unknown Win32 error 10060.'
According to
http://www.destructor.de/firebird/winsockerrors.htm
10060 is a timeout error. This occurs when a firewall blocks the
inbound connection.

Regards

Stefan
mlcvista@yahoo.fr [firebird-support]
2015-08-18 16:23:08 UTC
Thank you Stefan for the link and the information !

You have found exactly the problem !
I've solved it by passing the IP instead of the Name of the server in the parameters...
Now all is ok !

Big thank you to you and Neil !

Best Regards,
Michel