[firebird-support] Re: Setting up firebird for visual studio
Aleksa Ristic aristiccitsira@gmail.com [firebird-support]
2016-12-14 18:39:49 UTC
Last week I am trying to set up my new computer for Visual Studio
programming with Firebird databases. Problem is I tried everything in my
power but when i try to connect to Firebird database via Server Explorer in
VS, window for Firebird just shut down.

These are things I already tried:

- Reinstall Firebird 3.0
- Reinstall ADO.NET <http://ado.net/>
- Reinstall DDEX
- Check machine.config for duplicate DbProbiders
- Reinstall Visual Studio 15
- Uninstall Firebird 3.0 and install Firebird 2.1 (already worked with
it some time ago)
- Reinstall Windows 10
- Uninstall Windows 10 and install Windows 7

These are steps I do to install Firebird in VS

- Install Firebird 3.0
- Install ADO.NET <http://ado.net/>
- Install DDEX
- Insert provider to VS via NuGet

After installation I can see Firebird provider in my list when adding
database but when I open it and start typing or changing something, it just
closes.

If there is any other info I can give you, please tell me.

Here is my machine.config <http://pastebin.com/FkdnzQaE>